Test Gitea for PRIMCODE
Documentation for Gitea : https://docs.gitea.io/en-us/
Comparison with other git platforms : https://docs.gitea.io/en-us/comparison/
Here what we should check for our needs:
- Can we make public issues in private repos?
There is no possibility of making an issue private or public independantly of the repo context (like in Gitlab).
It was asked in issue #639 that people could make public issues and wiki in private repos : https://github.com/go-gitea/gitea/issues/639 The pull request that resolves that is already there, but not yet merged: https://github.com/go-gitea/gitea/pull/5833 and this is pending since January 2019. I asked for news, dev said maybe he will work on that for v1.12 (we are now in 1.10) (see pull request's 5833 comments on second link).
Can we make public wikis in private repos? See 1.
Can we easyly migrate from gitlab?
- test native migration, it is apparantly good from Github, not suposed to work from Gitlab but check
- check third-party scripts : greg's one https://git.sprinternet.at/h44z/gitlab_to_gitea but there are a lot out there
OAuth2 from GitHub and GitLab?
Test the new user/oauth2 inscription process : we should know how it is for people we invite to create an account here, how simple, what language by deafult etc?
How to change language? What is default language?
By default for me when I first signed-in all was in French. Then I could change the language in my profile and everything in the interface of my gitea changed. Good but I did not guess that, I was first looking for a language button on the website. It would be good if newcomers for our organisation are by default in English language (in case they do not speak French).
- Check the md syntax  ho hi tick lists not supported?
What do we do for our needs?
What we need is :
- Public issues and wiki for clients (as in https://gitlab.com/primcode/syncplanet
- private wiki and issues and repos for us (as in https://gitlab.com/primcode/syncplanet-intra)
- public repos ?
- OAuth from Github?
- OAuth from GitLab?
- Continous integration?
- Decide what we migrate here (everything? github? gitlab? git@remy?)